Saturday, July 30, 2011

Roving Artist's Studio update

I am enjoying going from place to place in my car with my Roving Artist's Studio installation. While traveling I am distributing buttons that say "Jennifer Was Here to those artists whose studios I've managed to visit. It has been fun and apparently people are wearing and/or displaying them because, by the end of the day today, several people I'd run into have talked about them after noting me as the source.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to make it out to near so many things as I would like but I did manage to see about half of what was listed. I predominantly went to Soulard and Cherokee Street, although there were a few studios there that I didn't manage to make it by or find and I visited a couple of other parts of town as well. I even ran into the bus tour, which was nice. I have developed a plan of action for tomorrow in the hopes of making it out to see more, although many of the studios on the tour tomorrow are even more widespread so that may prove challenging.

I don't know how many other people have happened upon my piece but several artists have ducked out of their studios to check it out while I'm there. And I am hoping to park close to the Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis for the BBQ tomorrow evening so that others who didn't see it can check it out if they like. Please keep an eye out for me tomorrow as I tour other parts of the city and at the BBQ.

No comments: