Friday, August 12, 2011

This Week

I know it's short notice, but I hadn't totally formulated my schedule until yesterday. There are a couple of things going on this week so I thought I'd mention them.

My cats, Sam & Ginger, will have artwork on display in the Fur Elise show at White Flag Projects on Saturday (tomorrow). The show is comprised of "objects made from collected fur brushings." Sam and Ginger worked with me to create a series of Hairballs for the event, although they've been overzealous and have still been creating more hairballs even since I dropped their artwork off. I guess that's what I get for encouraging them...

Fur Elise
White Flag Projects
4568 Manchester, St. Louis, MO
Saturday, Aug. 13, 2011, 1 - 3 PM

I am also going to be plein air painting during the 18th Century Home & Garden Tour at the Government House. Columbia Art League members were invited to paint and display some of their paintings at the event. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous and I'm really looking forward to it; plein air painting and home tours go very well together and I miss the Lafayette Square plein air event greatly.

18th Century Home & Garden Tour
Government House
Ste. Genevieve, MO
Saturday, Aug. 13 - Sunday, Aug. 14, 2011
I will only be participating on Sunday. Tickets to the homes tour will be required and cost $20 each.

No comments: