Saturday, October 29, 2011

Inspirational Words & Personal Goals

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.
Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom.
Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon.
They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.
~ by Flavia Weedn ~

Although I've been kind of down lately on and off, I've been slowly emerging from it and am starting to reassess my life and what I want from it. I strive to be one of those people that lingers and inspires. I am becoming more and more determined to live my live following two basic principles. I am posting them here as a reminder to myself.

- I try as best I can to follow The Golden Rule of treating others as you wish to be treated yourself.

- I also seek to fearlessly pursue my art without compromising my integrity, idea or vision, without apology, and to encourage others to think & see things in a new light, spawn conversations, and promote creativity.

I realize that these are lofty sentiments, but they are core principles that I hold very dear. I only hope that I can live up to them and shall do my best to do so.

No comments: