Friday, December 9, 2011

Art of the Week: Dala Horses



My friend gave me these two charming little wooden horses in a paint-a-horse kit so I customized them to resemble frolicking Swedish Dala Horses. I'm happy with how they turned out so I thought I'd post them as Art of the Week.

Please keep in mind that I'll be at the Winter Craft Festival on Sunday with my jewelry and related fiber goods (gift bags & purses). Pere Marquette Lodge is always fun and a wonderful getaway destination, and I hope you'll consider dropping by. It will be a great holiday shopping opportunity to buy handmade gifts in support of local artists and artisans.

Winter Craft Festival
Pere Marquette Lodge & Conference Center
13653 Lodge Blvd.
Grafton, IL
Dec. 11, 2011, 11 AM - 3 PM

The Winter Craft Festival will be the last big event that I'm involved in until 2012, although I may have some artworks included in the upcoming Northern Arts Council rotations at Cork Wine Bar & Ferguson Brewing Company and the St. Louis Women's Caucus for Art rotation at Spirits Lounge.

And keep an eye out for some exciting things happening come January - I have some big things in the works including a year-long celebration. More details will be forthcoming later this month.

No comments: