Sunday, August 19, 2012

August EBay Listings & Upcoming Shows


Although I haven't posted much about it here recently, my 10-year art anniversary is still going strong, and August brings some unique eBay listings: my cheesecloth bundles from my People I Have Known, People I Have Been installation.

This piece has been included in several of my Forgotten series shows in various formats and is pictured here at the Second Reading Book Shop in conjunction with the Artfully Alton beautification project.  These bundles are like mystery grab bags and each contain various found objects representing myself or someone I have known at various points throughout my life.

You can learn more at my anniversary blog or eBay store here:
10-year anniversary blog
EBay store

I am also participating in the upcoming WCA-STL Contemporary Women Artists show with my Memories lamp.

Contemporary Women Artists XVI: Longevity
St. Louis Chapter of the Women's Caucus for Art
St. Louis University
Museum of Art
3663 Lindell Blvd., St. Louis, MO
Aug. - Oct. 2012
Reception: Friday, Aug. 24, 7 - 9 PM

And be sure to note my two big solo shows coming up.  These shows will each celebrate different aspects of my work in conjunction with my 10-year art anniversary.

Plein Air Daydreaming
Third Degree Glass Factory
5200 Delmar, St. Louis, MO
Sept. - Oct. 2012
This show features a large assortment of plein air paintings including several that have never before been shown and will open with a reception in conjunction with the Third Friday festivities at Third Degree Glass on September 21.  A fun time for all!

LAST CHANCE! One Night Only!
solo 10-year art anniversary retrospective
Fort Gondo Compound for the Arts
3151 Cherokee St., St. Louis, MO
Dec. 7, 2012
This one-night event is the culmination of my 10-year art anniversary celebration and will feature a retrospective show of excerpts from the last ten years of my art career in a one-time only performance art piece questioning legacy.  All kinds of surprises are in store during this truly one-night-only, last chance event, so you'll want to be sure not to miss it.

No comments: