Wednesday, April 15, 2009

This Week

I am involved in two shows opening this week, Art on the Spot at Chesterfield Arts and the traveling WCA exhibit at Riverside Gallery.

Art on the Spot features a live event where teams of artists create works on site during the opening reception. Mystery materials will be revealed to the artist teams on Friday at 4 PM, so it is a chance to watch creativity in action. I don't know who all is participating but I do know that Mary Beth Shaw, Cindy Royal and Marlene Difiori Locke are among the other 11 participants, all of us whom will be split up into teams of 2.

Art on the Spot
Chesterfield Arts
444 Chesterfield Center
Chesterfield, MO 63017
April 17 - June 20, 2009
live event: Friday, April 17, 5 - 9 PM

The WCA show at Riverside Gallery is an extension of the show from Florissant-Valley Community College. If you missed seeing my Bitch performance there, you can check out some documentation of it at Riverside Gallery. Unfortunately I won't make it to the reception this week because I am doing the live event, but I checked out the show Monday and it is quite nice.

Women & Environment shows
St. Louis Chapter of the Women's Caucus for Art
Riverside Gallery
13 W. Moody Ave.
Webster Groves, MO 63119
April 2009
reception Friday, April 17, 7 - 10 PM

There are actually three exhibits on display simultaneously: Women and Environment (the traveling exhibit from Florissant-Valley), the Rubia quilt (also displayed at the previous show) and Women Space Place (an inclusive members' show in which those who didn't participate in the previous exhibition could show their works along the same theme).

On another note, today I am changing out my jewelry display at Framations in St. Charles for the upcoming Art Walk later this month, so please feel free to stop in and check out some more of my necklaces.

Framations
218 North Main St.
St. Charles, MO 63301
ongoing pedestal display of jewelry

No comments: