Thursday, March 18, 2010

Art of the Week: We All Relate


I'm sorry I haven't been very active lately but I've been swamped. This week, I have a special treat for Art of the Week because I'm posting the art that my mom and I made for the WCA show. My mom has gotten into drawing and has just started working in pastels.

We both worked on this still life of items representing ourselves and family heirlooms in our respective media and I wanted to post our different takes on it and tout what my mom is doing, since her drawing is wonderful. (My painting, incorporating text, is pictured above while her close-up drawing is pictured below.)

Please feel free to check out our works in person at the show, which opens a week from tomorrow.

We All Relate: Celebrating Local and Global Connections
St. Louis Chapter of the Women's Caucus for Art
Northern Arts Council
27 S. Florissant
Ferguson, MO
March - April 2010

No comments: