Sunday, September 22, 2013

This Week

I must apologize for letting my blog slip but I haven't been online much.  Time completely got away from me this past week between acquiring a new recumbent bicycle and a lot of really productive studio time framing & gearing up for the upcoming Little Black Dress shows, and I totally forgot to post what I had going on.

Yesterday I participated in the 6th Mississippi Earthtones plein air paint out in Alton, IL.  It was a beautiful day and I ventured from the festival grounds to paint the Piasa Bird.  Since I wandered afield I didn't enter the competition this year, but I am happy with my paintings and may post them later this week if I find time to photograph them.

I also have works in the Two show at the Syndicate Building, which opened last night.  Please drop by and check them out - just call up to Paul & Connie LaFlam who organized the show to make an appointment.  They have been curating shows in the wonderful gallery spaces on the 4th & 5th floors for several years, and are currently showing my Spent Wishes diptych which includes real pennies encased in resin.

Tonight is the reception for the Northern Arts Council fall exhibitions in Ferguson, MO at Cork Wine Bar, Ferguson Brewing Company & Pierce Neikirk & Partners.  My Au Naturel dress & paintings are included.

Mississippi Earthtones Plein Air Festival
Alton, IL
Saturday, Sept. 21, noon - 5 PM

Two
organized by Paul & Connie LaFlam
Syndicate Building - 4th & 5th floors
915 Olive St.
St. Louis, MO
Sept. - Nov. 2013
Reception: Saturday, Sept. 21, 7 - 10 PM

Out of Town
Northern Arts Council
427 Gallery at Pierce Neikirk & Partners, Realtors, LLC
427 S. Florissant
Ferguson, MO
Aug. - Nov. 2013
Reception: Sunday, Sept. 22, 5 - 8 PM

Flora & Fauna
Northern Arts Council art rotations
Cork Wine Bar
423 S. Florissant
Ferguson, MO
Aug. - Nov. 2013
Reception: Sunday, Sept. 22, 5 - 8 PM

This coming week marks the reception for the MOFA Speaking of Fibers show on Friday and several of my tiny plein air paintings on display at Capital Arts in Jefferson City for the Mini-Wonders exhibition, opening next Sunday.

Speaking of Fibers 2013
Missouri Fiber Artists
St. Louis University Museum of Art
3663 Lindell Blvd.
St. Louis, MO
Aug. - Sept. 2013
Reception: Friday, Sept. 27, 5 - 8 PM

Mini Wonders
Capital Arts
1203 Missouri Blvd.
Jefferson City, MO
Sept. - Oct. 2013
Reception: Sunday, Sept. 29, 1 - 4 PM

No comments: