Thursday, June 4, 2009

On Blogging

I am trying to get back into blogging, at least when I have something to say. I know I haven't blogged much lately. (I even addressed this in a past post, but little has changed since then.) In all honesty, I just haven't been on the computer much since the Bitch piece.

For one thing, I have found myself gearing up for the institutional critique show and so I have been manifesting many of my gripes in that work. For another, I haven't had much time to keep up with others' blogs and when I do I don't feel like I have much to add. There is a lot of great content out there and it is well worth reading, and so many others are so much better at articulating these things than I, or are at least more aware and more researched in doing so.

More than anything else, I much prefer action to complaint. For all that I'm not an activist, I like to try to present things to get people thinking about things, and if I take up issue with something I find it more productive to make art about it in order to to raise awareness than just to whine about it. This has been even more true since the Bitch piece, and so the blog has sort of fallen by the wayside.

For all you Claude fans, I am posting a lot of our furry friend lately in anticipation of his show. And I will continue to point out things as I become aware of them. I may even review a show or two if the mood strikes. (I have had the time to see a lot more exhibitions lately, which is nice.) And I'll try to be better about promoting myself and what I'm doing. So the blog isn't dead or dying, just changing focus and sleeping more.

No comments: