Sunday, June 29, 2008

Memory and Forgetting

My memory seems to be worse and worse all of the time. A lot of people attribute it to age in themselves, but I'm really not that old. I think that it may be in part from my inability to process all of the information that is imparted nowadays, like I'm always on Overdrive. But sometimes I am concerned that there is more to it than that.

I find myself having a harder and harder time remembering what I learned in school. Granted, that is now further past than before and I don't necessarily use that knowledge in my everyday activities, but it is disconcerting nonetheless.

Does anyone know of any foods or mental exercises that are good for enhancing memory? I'm not looking to take a bunch of pills or holistic remedies, but would prefer to construct my diet around including foods that are known to help. If so, please post a comment and let me know!

2 comments:

JRae said...

Zinc is great for the memory.

ChaoticBlackSheep said...

Thanks so much. What foods are high in zinc?