Thursday, November 20, 2008

New Jewelry

Since I have so much jewelry on display all over town for the holidays, I focused the better part of my time this week on making some more necklaces. I created primarily masculine pieces because I thought it would be nice to design some more pieces with men in mind for all that women can wear them too.

Pictured are some selections from Thoughts of Cornucopia. I also created some very feminine pieces for that show and am displaying them in suites of three as His/Hers Necklaces: For Him and For Her. The middle piece incorporates a real insect encased in resin and is quite an attention-grabber. I have other pieces with real insects including a bee and a scorpion.

I intend to take some more new necklaces to Framations, Columbia Art League, Art Saint Louis and Soulard Art Market before the holidays as well, so keep an eye out for them.

No comments: