Saturday, November 29, 2008

Whoa - I Oughtta Slow Down

It's official. I'm insane. I just came to realize that I've done over 60 art related events this year alone! That includes four solo shows (of all different series of works), all-inclusive and juried group shows in St. Louis and beyond, five plein air events, multiple donation-based art auctions for charities and organizations I am proud to support, mail art exhibits, jurying for two different art events (one solo, one panel), serving as exhibitions chair for the St. Louis Chapter of the Women's Caucus for Art (which held two shows) and serving on the programs committee for Art Saint Louis. And that's not counting the more subverted street art, like the penny project. Whew! No wonder I'm tired.

I am honored to have been in such demand this year and am starting to realize that I need to be much more selective. I hate turning away opportunities, but it is getting to the point where I really must learn to do so, simply because I am doing so much. I do like being a part of the art scene at all levels, though, from the grassroots cooperatives to the nationally-esteemed galleries and museums. And so I hope to continue my involvement in all sorts of organizations, for all that some don't hold one another in high esteem - I think that they're all important because each serves a different purpose for artists of varying levels. Mainly, I am very grateful that I have been able to get so much of my work out there where it can be seen. Thank you all so much for your support and for your involvement in the arts in general.

2 comments:

Tony Renner said...

you do keep busy! i only had 4 solo shows and a piece in the poetry scores art invitation last year...

guess i'd better step it up....

-- tony

ChaoticBlackSheep said...

You keep busy yourself with as many new pieces as you are always posting to your blog and as many things as you too are involved in. :)

Thanks for dropping by.