Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

I just wanted to blog about the true spirit of the holidays. It isn't really all about the turkey. We all have so much to be thankful for: family, friends, health, home, work...

I am thankful for my husband, Chuck, who is supportive & caring and who keeps me sane. I am blessed to have the time to devote myself solely to my art. I am glad that I have so many family and friends nearby, though I am also thankful for those who don't live so close as well. I am grateful that Chuck's business is starting to plant its feet firmly in the ground. I am blessed to have my health & my home and the company of the two cats, Sam & Ginger, who share that home with us. And I am thankful to live in St. Louis where the art scene is growing and expanding at a good pace and where I can be at the forefront of that movement, and to be in the United States where I do not have to stifle my creativity for fear of censorship or worse and where I can express my ideas and grievances both within and outside of my art.

Life is good.

No comments: