Tuesday, February 3, 2009

About Blogging

I have discovered, in the process of blogging my observations and grievances, that I do not feel so strong a need to create institutional critique pieces. Not that I am no longer producing such artworks, just that they are not dominant. By nature, I tend to work with different themes and concepts in spurts, but I had been producing and developing a lot of institutional critique pieces on and off for awhile and over time they have sort of fallen by the wayside for other themes.

Granted, there are many factors at play, including the fact that institutional critique works can be difficult to get into the gallery setting. Still, I find this interesting since it seems that the blog is providing an outlet for me to express these ideas so I can focus my attention on other topics, such as feminist views, philosophical musings, environmental issues, political discourse, memory and deterioration, landscape, beauty and more.

No comments: