Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dance Dance Revolution

We just got Dance Dance Revolution (DDR) for the Nintendo Wii and it is a riot. We thought this would be more fun than being berated by Wii Fit's balance board icon, based on what people have said about that, and would offer some means of exercising in the house. And since I can't dance for crap, I don't dance in public. (It's bad enough with just my loving husband laughing at me.)

At any rate, it's a lot of fun for all that it's kind of cheesy. You step on the pad in sequence as movements pan up, kind of like hitting the notes in sequence in Guitar Hero. (If you've never seen Guitar Hero, I'm sure that makes no sense, but I can't think of any other way to describe it.) The music is okay and there are even some songs I like, which says a lot considering I don't listen to much techno or dance music.

The best part is that you can unlock your Miis and that they can dance. It is hysterical. I wish that Rock Band and Guitar Hero worked the same way - it would be so funny to have your Miis in the band...

No comments: