Thursday, February 25, 2010

March Madness

I'll admit I haven't had a whole lot going on lately, at least not publicly. I desperately need to get in the studio and make some more work, and one of my main goals is to do a lot more looming this year. But, for all that things have slowed down some, I've been busy getting ready for shows and plein air season.

March is panning out to be a crazy month. Maybe not as much so as September, but pretty full nonetheless. And April is looking even busier, between the preview party for the show I curated (I will give this its own post as it is a big deal) & organized, the MOFA fiber arts conference in St. Charles and the Augusta plein air event. Here's a preview of some of the shows I have work in during March.

Contemporary Women Artists XV: Art as Activism
St. Louis Chapter of the Women's Caucus for Art
Foundry Arts Centre
520 N. Main Center
St. Charles, MO
Feb. - March 2010
reception: Friday, March 5, 7 - 9 PM (juror's presentation, 6 - 7 PM)
My Coming of Age piece is included in this exhibition..

Gender
Altered Esthetics
1224 Quincy St. NE
Minneapolis, MN
March 2010
reception: Friday, March 5, 7 - 10 PM
I am looking forward to checking out this show online although I regret that I cannot attend the reception.

Women Artists: Diverse Views, invitational show
St. Charles County Arts Council
Lillian Yahn Gallery
7443 Village Center Dr., Winghaven
O' Fallon, MO
March 2010
reception: Sunday, March 14, 1 - 4 PM
I will be exhibiting a couple of my chair pieces based upon human relationships and interactions in this show, along with some small scale sculptures and jewelry.

Celebrate Again
13 Squared
Regional Arts Commission
6128 Delmar
St. Louis, MO
March 12, 2010
This is the show for which Mother Nature's Party was created. All works sell that night for $50 as part of the benefit for St. Louis Artworks.

En Plein Air, solo show of plein air landscapes
Provisions Gourmet Market
11615 Olive Blvd.
St. Louis, MO
March 26 - May 7, 2010

No comments: