Sunday, September 14, 2008

Big Day Tomorrow

Tomorrow I am serving as a juror for the first time. I have served on a jury panel and helped curate exhibitions before, but haven't acted as a solo juror yet. So it will be a big day for me.

I am excited about it because it will be a learning experience and will give me an even better feel for what goes on behind the scenes in regards to how art is shown. I am especially honored because this will allow me to experience a totally different aspect of the group exhibition. It's a lot of power determining what is in and what isn't, but I think that I can handle it and will try to judge submitted works fairly and by their merit.

I cannot wait to see what has been submitted and how artists approached the theme, which is "Pure Enjoyment." I hope that there is a diverse range of styles and media but that the pieces submitted still play off of one another well. I also hope that a good number of pieces were submitted for the show, since entries are down everywhere right now due to the economy.

I will surely write about the experience tomorrow in regards to the decision-making process and how I personally approached the task.

No comments: