Thursday, September 11, 2008

Losing My Temper

I wish I didn't have such a short fuse sometimes. When I am really stressed out and/or lose my temper, I tend to say things that I don't really mean. I will lash out in frustration, especially when I feel I am in a situation over which I have little control or influence. I can then be hostile to those that I am close to, myself included. I realize that this can be very hurtful and that it is not a good way to vent because it tends to make the situation worse, and I have been trying not to let things get under my skin but sometimes they do anyway. It's not that I can't say that I'm sorry, but I'd really rather not act so rashly as to need to.

I know I am not the only person with a hot temper. It seems that more of us are getting more stressed and more aggressive all of the time. What do others do to combat this? How do you keep your cool so you don't blow up at everyone around you?

No comments: