Saturday, September 13, 2008

Miniatures Painting

Fantasy Shop had an open miniatures painting day today so I finally got around to painting the character mini for my female minotaur Revis Hatha (as documented on Chuck's blog). I haven't painted minis in well over five years but decided to do so for this character because there aren't any pre-painted female minotaurs out there and I really like the character. This mini isn't bad either, for all that I would prefer Hatha to be wearing a lot more and carrying a big hammer... Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with the result and thought I would post a picture here. (Keep in mind, the base is one-inch square to give a sense of scale.)

2 comments:

QuinnTheRanger said...

Awesome paint job! Definitely would look great on the gaming table.

ChaoticBlackSheep said...

Thank you. I think this is my best paint job to date. There are some details that I'm not as pleased with, but many of them were poorly defined in the sculpture (like the eyes).

My older painted minis really pale by comparison now...