Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Art for Human Rights show

As I'd mentioned awhile back, my penny project was among the artworks included in the Art for Human Rights show at the Amnesty International Midwest Regional Conference this past weekend. I was unable to attend the conference itself due to prior engagements, but I did make it to the awards presentation and a panel discussion on Sunday.

It was nice meeting some of the conferencegoers when I was there and talking to them about my piece. I am honored to have been involved in the event and am glad that a lot of people seem interested in adapting and building on my project at their own schools and institutions. And many people picked up the pennies that I took to display and left some of their own wishes. You can check out the wishes that I "found" when I went to pick up my work on the penny project blog here. I will try to disperse them in downtown St. Louis on Friday when I hang my show.

No comments: