Thursday, October 8, 2009

Innovations in Textiles

I know I said I was going to post something about Innovations in Textiles 8, but I have been so busy lately and have seen so many shows that my memory is simply not serving me well at the moment. I would not be able to write a review of anything and do it justice at the moment. (I did write previously about the Gee's Bend show at the Missouri History Museum and Material Studies at Good Citizen.)

That said, make sure you see Fiber Focus show at Art Saint Louis and Quilt National 2009 at the Foundry. Both are amazing and include some techniques and ideas that I never would have believed if I hadn't seen them myself. The Art Saint Louis show ends Oct. 15 though, so there's not much time left. Quilt National runs through Oct. 29.

No comments: