Monday, December 15, 2008

Busy Weekend

I had a busy weekend this week. I am very glad to have been involved in so many things, though.

I attended the To Kenya with Love show benefiting the Kenyatta National Hospital on Friday evening at Mad Art Gallery. It was heartwrenching to see how little the babies and newborns (many of whom were abandoned) at the hospital had. I was greatly impressed by the selection of artists who donated and artworks represented in the show. I really hope that the fundraiser brought in some money for their cause. To those of you who missed the event, you lost out on an opportunity to help out a very worthy cause and to see and bid on some great artworks.

Saturday, I was the Artist of the Day at Soulard Art Market. I am ever so honored that Kathy Gomric wanted one of my pieces so we negotiated a trade and now I have one of her amazing pencil drawings in my home.

I left Soulard Art Market to attend Art Dimensions Off the Wall at City Hall event, since my canvas was among those chosen to represent the Square Foot show, which will be on display at Art Dimensions' 3rd Floor Gallery. The event was well-attended and there was wonderful food, performances and music throughout the evening.

Sunday was the annual St. Louis Chapter of the Women's Caucus for Art brunch. Janice Nesser, past chapter president and president-elect of the national organization, graciously hosted the event at her house. It was very well attended and acted as an inspiration and a great way to meet fellow artists of all disciplines. I took my sketchbook for The Sketchbook Project so that members could work in it, since I have decided that it should be a WCA-STL sketchbook.

So all in all it was a busy weekend, but a productive one, and I am honored to have been involved and able to participate in so much.

No comments: