Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Sketchbook Project

I decided to participate in The Sketchbook Project by Art House Coop in Atlanta, GA. So I filled out their form and recently received my sketchbook in the mail. Then I thought, "hey what am I thinking? I don't have time for this! And I'm totally uninspired..."

Since then I have learned that the Soulard Art Market is doing a collaborative sketchbook between them and I decided that doing so is a really good, amazing idea. I love collaborative projects. And the idea of a bunch of artists working together in one book, even if only to do a page apiece, was really cool to me.

So now I am doing the same with my own sketchbook by inviting the St. Louis Chapter of the Women's Caucus for Art to participate. I will be taking the book to the brunch tomorrow so that other members can do something in it. I can't wait to see what results.

No comments: