Thursday, December 18, 2008

Furred, Feathered, Finned...

I am so very grateful for all of my animal friends. It is so easy to take them for granted. Cats tend to take care of themselves more than others, but they still need social connections and interaction. They need people to pet them and play with them, on their own terms of course. (They are cats after all.)

Sometimes I get so busy and I just don't give them the attention they deserve. Ginger will always remind me of this fact by pining if she feels at all neglected. (Chuck is Sam's favored person, so Sam pines at him.) Ginger has been known to toss her felt mousies under the door of my cat-free office to get my attention. Sometimes it works; sometimes I'm too wrapped up in what I'm doing to notice.

Yesterday, one of the cats went in the kitchen (I think it was Ginger) and cried like Ella used to when she was about to get into food. (I think it meant the same thing, as the trash had been left out.) It made me really miss Ella and the time that we had with her, and wish that I had spent more time with her when she was here. She was so aloof, though.

I am going to try to spend more time with my animal friends. They do so much for me and it is better for all of us if I just take the time to chill out and make the time for them, so I am going to try to do so more often.

No comments: