Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Whee! We Wii...

My friend Laurel got a Nintendo Wii over Thanksgiving weekend and, having now experienced it, I must admit it's a lot of fun. I haven't had much experience with recent game consoles having spent enough time on Nintendo during my childhood to last a lifetime. But I rather like the Wii because it's more involved than just twiddling your thumbs around an overly-complicated joystick of sorts. Sure you can sit lazily on the sofa and move your wrist around, but that kind of defeats the purpose.

The really funny part is that you can customize your own mii to represent you and so Chuck and I created stand-ins for ourselves that I dare say look a lot like us, for all that we couldn't agree on my haircolor (namely because my actual haircolor is in between two choices, so I went with more the summer color and everyone else thought I should have gone more with the winter one).

At any rate, we enjoyed the tennis game, especially playing doubles on the same side. Now I'm looking forward to Laurel getting Wii Fit so I can check out how it is. It's got to beat power walking around the mall for exercise. I just need to stay away from that Legend of Zelda game or I might slip back into my misspent youth...

3 comments:

MB Shaw said...

Like crack (although I've never taken crack, so I really don't know :-) Anyhoo, my brother has one & now my stepdkids too. Waaaayyyyy too much fun.

Jeane Vogel said...

We got Wii for the kids last Hanukkah (great for kids with disabilities, like my son -- THAT was our excuse!) I got Wii Fit two weeks ago for myself. LOVE IT! Except for the game made me FAT! Oh please! I HATE aerobics, but love it on the Wii. I can tell I need an upgrade pretty soon, though.

ChaoticBlackSheep said...

Our friend Dave also has one. It is very fun. We have thoroughly enjoyed doubles tennis because we can play collaboratively as a team rather than competing against one another. We have yet to fully get the hang of bowling - it seems different on every system.