Friday, March 27, 2009

Day 14 in the Box

Thank you Ciera Stewart for photographing my piece today. I cannot say that today was uneventful. The gallery was bustling with activity while the new fire smoke alarm system was installed. It was loud with all of the drilling, and there were ladders, materials and tools everywhere. It was a great distraction throughout the early part of the day, which went by very quickly as a result. Also, I had a couple of visitors, including Brooke from yesterday and my mother. Thank you both for dropping by.

In the meantime, I read He's a Stud, She's a Slut and 49 Other Double Standards Every Woman Should Know by Jessica Valenti. I thoroughly enjoyed the humorous and sarcastic tone and would highly recommend it. For all that the book doesn't get into all the nitty gritty of a lot of the double standards that it touches on, it really does draw attention to a lot of disparities and offers some suggestions about what you as a reader can do about them. I think I am especially drawn to this aspect of it, since even here in my blog I prefer to try to offer solutions to perceived problems and rants rather than just complaining.

No comments: