Monday, March 9, 2009

Day 4 in the Box

Thank you Vincent Stemmler for photographing my piece today. Today was fairly uneventful. Having had a day off yesterday, I did not feel near so stiff. I noticed I was still somewhat tired and even wound up napping a little, and I am beginning to think that the environment encourages that. A few people stopped through the gallery, including some security guards as well as students.

I am becoming even more aware that this piece is really only able to highlight on a speck of what the puppy mill dogs go through. I felt refreshed having not been in the crate yesterday, and said dogs would never have had such an opportunity. My current experience much better mimics that of dogs who are crated while their owners go to work, minus the toys and blankets. Nonetheless, when all is said and done, we figured out that I'll have spent about 74 hours total in the crate during the course of the performance given the current schedule, and there is something to be said for that.

No comments: